You probably came to this article because you didn't know what Kanban boards were. Today, we're going to take a step back and explain what it is and how to utilize Dysperse's boards features.
What exactly is a Kanban board?
- A kanban board is a tool used to visualize and organize work.
- It consists of a physical or digital board that is divided into columns, each representing a different stage of a process.
For example, in a personal context, a kanban board might have columns for "To Do," "In Progress," and "Done." Users can create "cards" for each task they need to complete and move them from left to right as they progress through the process.
Kanban boards are useful for helping individuals stay organized and track their progress on various tasks and projects.
Creating a board
- To create a board, click on the "Boards" tab on the left sidebar.
- Click on the "Create" button.
- Select from the available templates. You can always edit the board later.
- Confirm creation
- You can now start adding columns & cards to your board!
- To add a column, select the desired board and click on the "Add column" button (you may have to scroll all the way to the right to see it).
- Enter a name for the column and click "Add column".
- You can also customize your column by changing an emoji
You can create up to 5 columns, but no more
- To create a task, select the desired board and click on the "New list item" button in the desired column.
- Enter a name for the task and click "Add item".
- You can also add a description and due date to your task.